As our Godwin Tree expands more and more exotic name pop up.
Our Spangs & Shenoicks originate from the town of Niederhosenbach in the old region of Oldenburg, today this area is called Rheinland-Pfalz. Our story starts way back in 1811 with Johan Peter Spang and his wife Marie Engisch. Johan Died in Birmingham in 1888. Below we have a list showing a 'snippit' of our tree. You can contact myself or Debbie regarding this tree @ firstname.lastname@example.org The Schenoick, shenoick sh.... is a nightmare, any info on this name would be greatly appreciated
Descendants of Johann Casimir Spang
Generation No. 1
1. JOHANN CASIMIR1 SPANG He married MARIE ELIZABETH ENGISCH.
Child of JOHANN SPANG and MARIE ENGISCH is:
2. i. JOHN PETER2 SPANG, b. 1811, Niederhosenbach Oldenberg Germany; d. 22 Feb 1888, General Hospital Birmingham.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN PETER2 SPANG (JOHANN CASIMIR1) was born 1811 in Niederhosenbach Oldenberg Germany, and died 22 Feb 1888 in General Hospital Birmingham. He married ELIZABETH GRAYLING 16 Mar 1845 in The Parish Church St Georges Middlesex, daughter of WILLIAM GRAYLING. She was born 1824 in Middlesex.
Notes for JOHN PETER SPANG:
John died in 1888 from Prostatitis & Cystitis. Death Certified by R H Mills Roberts. At date of death occ was Plasterer Journeyman. Death registered by Elizabeth Hoft who lived at 50 Great Charles Street. Registrar H Maithison.
Children of JOHN SPANG and ELIZABETH GRAYLING are:
3. i. ELIZABETH3 SPANG, b. 1846, Middlesex.
ii. SARAH ANN SPANG, b. 1848, Middlesex; m. JOSEPH MARTIN, 08 Nov 1871, Register Office Whitechapel1; b. 1848.
Notes for SARAH ANN SPANG:
Birth Application no COL 384162 Reg District St Geo in the East Middx Parents Address 13 Humberston Street Registrar W S Howell.
Marriage Notes for SARAH SPANG and JOSEPH MARTIN:
Marriage 08-11-1871 The Registery Office Whitechapel
Witness George Wilson
Registrar W Edwards.
iii. JOHN PETER SPANG, b. 1852, Middlesex.
4. iv. MARY ANN SPANG, b. Dec 1857, Middlesex; d. 22 May 1921, 89 Tilton Road Aston Birmingham.
v. WILLIAM SPANG, b. 1866, Middlesex; m. LUCY JANE BALL, 18 Dec 1898, St Georges Birmingham; b. 1870.
Marriage Notes for WILLIAM SPANG and LUCY BALL:
Marr Cert: Appl NO COL139313. Place The Parish Church St Georges Birmingham. Witnesses William Henry Wood and Minnie Hoft (Sister).Vicar A H Sharpley.Col 220.
vi. MARGARET SPANG, b. 1851, Middlesex; m. HENRY SCHENOICK, 1870.
Generation No. 3
3. ELIZABETH3 SPANG (JOHN PETER2, JOHANN CASIMIR1) was born 1846 in Middlesex. She married WILLIAM HOFT. He was born 1842 in Germany.
Child of ELIZABETH SPANG and WILLIAM HOFT is:
i. WILLIAM ALBERT LUDWIG4 HOFT, b. 10 Apr 1866, Mile End London2.
Notes for WILLIAM ALBERT LUDWIG HOFT:
Reg Birth: Application No COL384162. Reg District Mile End Old Town County of Middlesex. Col NO 312. Registrar John B Ratcliff parents residence 42 Plumbers Row Mile end.
4. MARY ANN3 SPANG (JOHN PETER2, JOHANN CASIMIR1) was born Dec 1857 in Middlesex, and died 22 May 1921 in 89 Tilton Road Aston Birmingham3. She married JOHN BURGH KEAN 13 Aug 1876 in West Bromwich, Birmingham, West Midlands, England, son of DAVID KEAN and ELEANOR THOMPSON. He was born 01 Nov 1854 in Sunderland, England, and died 17 Feb 1926 in 18 Union Road Birmingham4.